আজি চাওঁক- 22 IIT Guwahati Researchers Featured in World’s Top 2% Scientists List
22 faculty members and researchers of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati have been featured in the list of the world’s top 2% scientists created by Stanford University of the USA.
Led by IIT Guwahati director Prof. T.G. Sitharam, the institute’s faculty members have been ranked for their research publications citations for 2019 and their lifetime contribution to their specific fields of research, a statement released by the IIT on Friday said.
The Stanford University list, released on October 16 in the journal PLOS, also features seven faculty members from Assam’s Tezpur University. The San Francisco-based Public Library of Science, founded in 2000, is a non-profit institution providing open access to peer-reviewed science journals and literature.
The list features more than 100,000 top scientists of the world of whom 1,494 are from India. All the scientists were classified into 22 scientific fields and 176 sub-fields.
The following are the researchers from IIT Guwahati who have featured in the list of World’s Top 2% Scientists-
1. Ajaikumar B. Kunnumakkara -Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
2. Mihir Kumar Purkait- Department of Chemical Engineering
3. Vijayanand S. Moholkar- Department of Chemical Engineering
4. Pravat Kumar Giri- Department of Physics,
5. Biman B. Mandal- Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
6. Tharmalingam Punniyamurthy- Department of Chemistry
7. Kaustubha Mohanty-Department of Chemical Engineering
8. Shyam Biswas- Department of Chemistry
9. Sanjib Ganguly- Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
10. Gautam Biswas (Former Director, IITG) – Professor of Mechanical Engineering
11. Pranjal Chandra- Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
12. Vaibhav V. Goud- Department of Chemical Engineering
13. Ujjwal K. Saha- Professor of Mechanical Engineering
14. Ajay S. Kalamdhad- Department of Civil Engineering
15. P. Muthukumar- Department of Mechanical Engineering
16. Amarendra K. Sarma- Department of Physics
17. Rakhesh Singh Kshetrimayum- Department of Electronics and Electrical Engineering
18. M. Groll (Visiting Professor, IITG) – Visiting Professor, IITG
19. Bibhas Ranjan Majhi- Department of Physics
20. Rajiv Tiwari- Department of Mechanical Engineering
21. Debasish Borah- Department of Physics
22. T. G. Sitharam- Director of Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Thank you for visiting and supporting us.