আজি চাওঁক- Govt Issues SOP for Reopening of Schools from September 21
Government of Assam has released the standard operating procedure (SOP) to reopen schools and other educational institutes in the state from September 21. The educational institutions have been closed for the last six months from 15th March onwards due to the ongoing pandemic.
“For every class, the students should be divided into two batches, so that, in any class, the total number of students is less than 20. The first batch of students will come to school from 9-12 am, for the second batch of students classes will be held from 1 pm to 4 pm,” read the guidelines, adding that for classes with less than 20 students, division in the batch will not be required.
The SOPs also mention that students will come to school only if their parents do not have any objection in this regard and an undertaking or confirmation in this regard must be submitted by the students at their respective schools. Given the pandemic situation, the total number of teaching, as well as non-teaching staff in schools, is to be restricted to 50%.
1. From 21 September, 2020 reopening of schools and colleges will commence.
2. Students from class IX, X, XI & XII will be part of this reopening exercise.
3. All other classes will remain suspended
4. For the students of class IX & XII classes will be conducted on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
5. For the class X & XI classes will be conducted on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
6. For every class, the students should be divided into 2 batches, of course, when in any class, total number of students is less than 20, then division in batch will not be required.
7. First batch of students will come to school at 9.00 am and they will be there in the schools up to 12.00 noon, for the 2nd batch of Students, the classes will be from 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm.
8. School authority will ensure that before commencing informal class of the 2nd batch, the first batch students are send back home.
9. Students will come to the school provided their parents have no objection and as such written undertaking/ confirmation from the parents should be produced in the schools.
10. Total number of teaching and non-teaching staff should be restricted to 50%.
11. Teachers with severe Comorbid condition such as chronic kidney disease, type two diabetics with severe condition, heart surgery and suffering from cancer will be exempted by the Head of the institutions from attending schools. Head of the institutions will be in touch with Health Authority for regular random checking, random testing of the teachers and students on weekly basis covering maximum 10% of the teachers and students in the given date.
12. The Head of the Institutions will submit information on weekly basis, regarding number of teachers and students tested positive during the randomize testing if the number are more than reasonable the head of the institution will discuss the matter with the Director of Higher Education, Assam and Director of Secondary Education, Assam in order to see whether class will continue or it will be suspended.
13. A State Help line maintained by Samagra Siksha Abhiyan (SSA), Kahilipara, Guwahati-19 will be notified in the leading newspapers. In case, teachers need some clarification, this helpline shall be kept open during the working hours, and should be mentioned in the :Details: itself.
14. The SOP that will be effective from 21 September, 2020, will be modified after observing the situation for next 15 days of time.
Check Detailed SOP: Click Here .
Thank you for visiting and supporting us.