আজি চাওঁক- Govt. to Provide MGNREGA Job Cards for Migrant Workers Returning to Assam
As you Know we are very serious to bring only the best Assam Career jobs News for you, please visit our website regular basis.
In a bid to offer relief to migrant workers coming back to Assam, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Sunday, May 17, has instructed to issue job cards under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
There is no exact figure on how many workers belonging to the state would be returning back to Assam due to nation wide COVID-19 lock down . Nearly 6 lakh people staying outside the state had registered to avail financial assistance provided by the state. It is estimated that at least one-third of them could return back.
In this regard, CM Sonowal has issued following directives:
– The Panchayat and Rural Development (P&RD) department is directed to immediately issue job cards under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) to interested workers.
– Skill development department to organize necessary trainings to enhance workers’ skills.
– Measures for skill identification through digital platforms and trainings to be taken up at block level.
– Industries & Commerce department to make district-wise list/status of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) to provide optimum benefit of the Rs 20 lakh crore financial package announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
– Finance department is to discuss with banks, means to provide loans to migrant workers seeking to engage in productive activities.
Thank you for visiting and supporting us.